[midPoint] OpenLDAP groups/users association (Midpoint 3.9)

LECOMTE ANTOINE antoine.lecomte at univ-lyon1.fr
Thu Dec 6 11:51:05 CET 2018

Hello,

I will try to explain the best I can.

I want to replicate the assignment between Users and Organization from Midpoint into openLDAP.

The issue was on openLDAP object group : the attribute member was not populated with accounts.
But groups and accounts are correctly created and the association is configured in the resource.
So, the resource was completely fine.

The problem was with the setup of the meta-role assigned to the organizations.
Only the first of the 2 inducements was configured.

The 2nd inducement with the order constraint tell Midpoint to link users to group in the resource.

So my actions manually done in order :

-          Create a projection for user X in openLDAP via resource

-          Assign Meta-role to an organization G (which is assigned to the user X)

-          Reconcile the org G to create the group in openLDAP

-          Reconcile the user X to value the attribute member in the group in openLDAP

Note that I didn’t customize the GroupOfName schema in openLDAP, so I still need to specify the attribute member with a static fake value (see first message).

Antoine.