[midPoint] OpenLDAP groups/users association (Midpoint 3.9)

LECOMTE ANTOINE antoine.lecomte at univ-lyon1.fr
Tue Dec 4 14:36:57 CET 2018

Hello,

I am testing the management of identities and groups to populate an Active Directory and an openLDAP from a database.

In Midpoint, users are created and assigned to organizations.
In the AD resource, I achieve to create them as well and replicate the assignments with association.

But I need some help to parameter the association in the resource to openLDAP.
Users and groups (with a dummy account in member parameter) are created correctly.

The relation in openLDAP is not made : the association do not replicate the assignments between users and organizations.

How can I parameter the association to replicate this link ?
It seems as the resource is not using the association at all.

You can see below each objectType minus all the attributes.

<objectType>
                <kind>account</kind>
                <displayName>Normal Account</displayName>
                <default>true</default>
                <objectClass>ri:inetOrgPerson</objectClass>
                <auxiliaryObjectClass>ri:eduPerson</auxiliaryObjectClass>
                <auxiliaryObjectClass>ri:supannPerson</auxiliaryObjectClass>
                <auxiliaryObjectClass>ri:posixAccount</auxiliaryObjectClass>
              <association>
                               <ref>ri:group</ref>
                               <displayName>LDAP Group Membership</displayName>
                               <kind>entitlement</kind>
                               <intent>ldapGroup</intent>
                               <direction>objectToSubject</direction>
                               <associationAttribute>ri:member</associationAttribute>
                               <valueAttribute>ri:dn</valueAttribute>
                </association>
<objectType>

<objectType>
                <kind>entitlement</kind>
                <intent>ldapGroup</intent>
                <displayName>LDAP Group</displayName>
                <objectClass>ri:groupOfNames</objectClass>
                <baseContext>
                               <objectClass>ri:organizationalUnit</objectClass>
                               <filter>
                                               <q:equal>
                                                               <q:path>attributes/dn</q:path>
                                                               <q:value>ou=groups,dc=univ-lyon1,dc=fr</q:value>
                                               </q:equal>
                               </filter>
                </baseContext>
<objectType>

Case 1 : I specify a dummy user into the attribute member of the entitlement objectType. The group is created but with only the dummy member.
<attribute>
                <ref>ri:member</ref>
                <fetchStrategy>minimal</fetchStrategy>
                <outbound>
                               <strength>weak</strength>
                               <expression>
                                               <value>cn=fake,dc=evolveum,dc=net</value>
                               </expression>
                </outbound>
</attribute>

Case 2 : no member attribute. The group cannot be created because member is needed for the creation.

Thanks.

Antoine.