[midPoint] Password reset with Gluu SSO

Doler, Alexander Earl (LATCO - Buenos Aires) adoler at deloitte.com
Tue May 30 22:40:04 CEST 2017

Hello,

We recently configured Midpoint with Gluu SSO using OpenID following the instructions provided here: https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Midpoint+and+SSO+using+Gluu+HOWTO. User authentication and redirect works well, but we are unable to reset user passwords through Midpoint (it worked prior to configuring Midpoint with Gluu). In order to be able to access the forgot password page without the user being authenticated already through the SSO page, we added the forgot password page as an exception in the file ctx-web-security.xml by adding the following line: <http pattern="/forgotpassword**" security="none"/>. This allows the page to be accessed, however, even so, when a user enters their e-mail address to reset their password, an error message is displayed stating that the user is not found. In the idm.log file, it indicates that a null value is being received for the e-mail field.

It seems that something to do with the SSO integration is blocking the reset password feature. Has anyone dealt with this or have any ideas as to what could be going on and how to fix it?

Thank you,
Alex