[midPoint] bulk interface examples

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Fri May 26 10:34:25 CEST 2017

Hello Emily,

unfortunately, RunScript is outdated. We had no time to adapt it to
recent changes in midPoint. If I would have a little time before 3.6
release, I could do it... but I doubt I will have.

What I recommend:

 1. I have significantly cleaned-up the wiki page for bulk actions
    (a.k.a. midPoint scripting):
    https://wiki.evolveum.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=13991970
 2. The working examples can be found in samples
    <https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint/tree/master/samples/tasks/bulk-actions>
    directory (as you say) but also among integration tests
    <https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint/tree/master/model/model-intest/src/test/resources/scripting>.
 3. If you need to call bulk actions via network, it is better to use
    the REST interface. Here is an example
    <https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Bulk+password+generation+HOWTO>.
 4. But if you'd need to use RunScript and you want to be sure it will
    work, please contact Igor Farinic. He will arrange it.

I apologize for such a late answer. (Had too many messages in the mailbox.)

Pavol Mederly
Software developer
evolveum.com