[midPoint] Hide GUI pages

Jaakko Leskinen jaakko.leskinen at qvantel.com
Fri May 5 07:19:55 CEST 2017

Hi,

I guess I have something amiss here, I’m trying to hide (and disable) the end user GUI option for changing credentials / password. Little bit of background: we have LDAP authentication enabled and a separate password change service that is authoritative for all AD/LDAP password changes and policies.

Now, I created a custom role (forked the End User role) with the following authorization, which does not do quite what I would expect it to do:

   <authorization id="1">
      <name>gui-self-service-access</name>
      <description>
                                Allow access to self-service operations in GUI.
                </description>
<!--      <action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-ui-3#selfAll</action>-->
      <action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-ui-3#selfDashboard</action>
      <action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-ui-3#selfProfile</action>
      <action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-ui-3#selfRequestRole</action>
   </authorization>

Assigning this role to a user (replacing the End User role) the GUI only has Dashboard and Profile without the Request a Role link/page visible. In the sidebar there is only Home and Profile links present (althought Dashboard has a big blue shield button for Credentials that I did not expect and clicking it does nothing).

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

--
Jaakko Leskinen