[midPoint] - Administrator account won't regenerate after restart

Rodrigo Yanis ryanis at identicum.com
Thu Mar 23 15:04:35 CET 2017

Hi Pavol,

We solved it, it was an interesting case.

On Startup time we were getting an error stating that the administrator
user couldn't be imported from file as the provided password (the standard
MidPoint password for the admin user) doesn't comply with the defined
password policy:

*2017-03-23 08:40:53,400 [] [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR
(com.evolveum.midpoint.init.InitialDataImport): Couldn't import
user:00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000002(administrator) from file
050-user-administrator.xml: .*
*com.evolveum.midpoint.util.exception.PolicyViolationException: Provided
password does not satisfy password policies. Required minimal size (8) of
password is not met (password length: 6)*

This is somehow a deadlock as one can't enter MidPoint with a sufficiently
empowered account to perform changes on the password policy, since there's
no administrator user to do so.

Solution was changing the default password on 050-user-administrator.xml
file on the server with a password that was in this case, 8 characters
long. Restarted and administrator was generated without problems.

Regards,

*Rodrigo Yanis.*
Identicum S.A.
Jorge Newbery 3226