[midPoint] workflow for secondary delta

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Thu Dec 14 13:06:31 CET 2017

Hi,

This is exactly the point.

The original idea was to use "secondary approvals" by system
administrators so they will be aware of all the accounts that are
created on their systems. We have used similar approach in
first-generation (pre-midpoint) IDM deployments. But in fact, as far as
I know, it was never used in practice as it was quite useless. The
problem is if system administrator rejects secondary delta, but primary
delta is executed. The result is a situation that violates the policy:
roles says that there should be an account, but the account is not
there. So midPoint will try to create the account again and again.

Early in midPoint design and development we though that "secondary
approvals" might be needed. We were not sure. So we have designed
midPoint to allow for this option sometime in the future. It was just an
architectural construct with just a partial implementation. It was never
fully implemented. But up until now there was no demand to this
features. Therefore we had no plans to finish the implementation. In
fact we were thinking about phasing out the secondary approval option
altogether.