[midPoint] - Schema violation during processing shadow: attributeOrValueExists [3.4.1]

Wojciech Staszewski wojciech.staszewski at diagnostyka.pl
Wed Nov 30 23:22:31 CET 2016

Hello,

I try to make inbound mapping attributes from my custom LDAP objectClass.
I'm doing this like that:
- remove <schema> and <constraints> sections of my resource to let MP read and
recreate all objectClasses,
- add <auxiliaryObjectClass>mycustomclass</auxiliaryObjectClass> to
<schemaHandling> section. Save.
- After this step I see my class on the classes list and all of its attributes
in Schema handling wizard step. So I'm using them in inbound mapping. Save,
finish.
- Server tasks , reconciliation, Run now.

Error:
SystemException: Schema violation during processing shadow: shadow:
uid=xxxxx,ou=People,dc=xxxxx,dc=xx (OID:013c3113-d4e8-4c7a-c434-7ec9f7bceb1c):
Schema violation: Invalid attribute:
org.identityconnectors.framework.common.exceptions.InvalidAttributeValueException(Error
modifying LDAP entry uid=xxxxx,ou=People,dc=xxxxx,dc=xx: [add:objectClass:
mycustomclass,]: attributeOrValueExists: (20))

Despite the error, attributes from mycustomclass are mapped to users, I can
see them in user properties.

My questions:
- WHY midPoint is trying to add "mycustomclas"s to LDAP users while they
already have this class?
- What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks :)