[midPoint] - SciptedSQL connector misshandling inherited roles deletion

Nicolas Rossi nrossi at identicum.com
Mon Nov 21 20:33:07 CET 2016

Hi Radovan, we found a combination of settings to make it work:

   - The user association to group is defined as subjectToObject where the
   user has a *groups* attribute as multivalued and set tolerant to false
   - The Meta Role outbound configuration has strength as strong
   - The Update Script deletes user assignments not contained on the groups
   attribute received and then tries to assign each group received:

      case "ADD_ATTRIBUTE_VALUES":

        if(objectClass == "__ACCOUNT__")
        {
            def groups = attributes.get("groups");
            if(groups != null && groups.size() > 0)
            {
                *sql.execute("delete from UserGroups where user_id = ${uid}
and group_id not in (" + groups.join(",") + ")");*
            }
            for(String group : attributes.get("groups"))
            {
                def existingEntitlement = sql.rows("SELECT 1 FROM
UserGroups WHERE user_id=? AND group_id=?",[uid as String, group as
String]);
                if(existingEntitlement.isEmpty())
                {
                    sql.execute("insert into UserGroups (user_id, group_id)
values (" + uid + "," + group + ")");
                }
                else
                {
                    log.info("Sample - Skipping assignment because user
${uid} already has group ${group}");
                }
            }
        }

With these settings, every time the user has a new assignment, unassignment
or is reconciled, the Update script receives an ADD_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE
operation of objectClass __ACCOUNT__ with the array of groups the user has
in midPoint at this point:

midPoint Action Script behaviour
Role directly assigned to User ADD_ATTRIBUTE_VALUES to __ACCOUNT__ with the
list of the user's assignments
Role directly unassigned from User ADD_ATTRIBUTE_VALUES to __ACCOUNT__ with
the list of the user's assignments
Role with inducements assigned to User ADD_ATTRIBUTE_VALUES to __ACCOUNT__
with the list of the user's assignments
Inducement removed from Role and User reconcile ADD_ATTRIBUTE_VALUES to
__ACCOUNT__ with the list of the user's assignments

Is that the only way to make it work ? I mean deleting user-group
associations on each ADD_ATTRIBUTE_VALUES assuming that I will receive the
entire group list the user should have after the operation, because the
user can have assignments on the Resource that are not represented in
midPoint that would be deleted.

On the other hand when:

   - The user association to group is defined as subjectToObject where the
   user has a *groups* attribute as multivalued and set tolerant to false
   - The Meta Role does not have strength configuration
   - The Update script removes values only on REMOVE_ATTRIBUTE_VALUES
   operation

With these settings these are the results:

midPoint Action Script behaviour
Role directly assigned to User ADD_ATTRIBUTE_VALUES to __ACCOUNT__ with
assigned value
Role directly unassigned from User REMOVE_ATTRIBUTE_VALUES to __ACCOUNT__
with unassigned value
Role with inducements assigned to User ADD_ATTRIBUTE_VALUES to __ACCOUNT__
with assigned values (inducements)
Inducement removed from Role and User reconcile ADD_ATTRIBUTE_VALUES to
__ACCOUNT__ for each assigned value

*but no REMOVE_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE operation for the removed inducement*

Clearly the first configuration is not possible for us to use. We should
figure out how to make the second one work.

Best regards,

Ing Nicolás Rossi
Identicum S.A.
Jorge Newbery 3226