[midPoint] Short question "password sync"

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Mon Nov 21 14:34:20 CET 2016

Hi,

MidPoint has built-in "loopback protection" in the inbound part. If an
inbound expression would set the user property to the same value that it
already has then the operation should not be propogated to the outbound
part.

Maybe the problem is that you are trying to encrypt/decrypt the values
in the script. That should not be necessary. MidPoint should do that
transparently. However if you try to this explicitly in the script you
may interfere with the way how values are compared and the "loopback
protection" may not work correctly. I'm not sure that this is what
really happens. It is just what came to my mind when I was reading this.