[midPoint] Short question "password sync"

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Mon Nov 21 12:00:38 CET 2016

Hi Christopher,

what is your setup? What LDAP server are you using and what's the
password algorithm/storage in the LDAP server? Are you synchronizing
real passwords from LDAP server to midPoint, or generating random
passwords in midPoint?

Can you also paste the corresponding mappings for credentials/password
(probably you have outbound as well as inbound)?

Thanks,

Ivan

On 11/21/2016 11:41 AM, Menke, Christopher wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> we want to sync an encrypted password between midpoint and a second
> system (LDAP).
>
> If we change the password within the LDAP (live-sync), midpoint
> encrypts the password (Groovy Script) and overwrites the internal
> password.
>
> But then midpoint overwrites the password again in LDAP.
>
> Is there a loopback-protection to prevent that tasks coming from
> LDAP-LiveSync overwrites the password again in LDAP?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Christopher

Ivan Noris
Senior Identity Engineer