[midPoint] Testing ScriptedSqlConnector Groovy scripts (using mock objects?)

Ramón Cahenzli ramon.cahenzli at zhdk.ch
Tue Nov 15 08:24:32 CET 2016

Hi everyone,

We're looking at doing a few finnicky things inside our
ScriptSqlConnector code and I think that would profit a lot from
automated tests of the Groovy scripts.

Is there some easy way tests can be written for these scripts? We could
mock some objects and create real ones for some others
("connection" and "log" would be real, for example), but there's no way
to assert what midPoint does with the results of the script.

Though just testing the scripts themselves in isolation would already
be quite useful, it'd be even cooler to validate the midPoint side of
things.

Is there something like this in midPoint, a way to write automated
tests and to validate midPoint behavior in combination with
ScriptedSql connectors?

Cheers,

Ramón