[midPoint] Syslog appender

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Fri Nov 11 09:12:18 CET 2016

Hi Rob,

I have never used such configuration with midPoint yet. We are using
logback as backend and it certainly supports also logging to Syslog; but
I'm not sure we can configure it without any changes in midPoint. (My
first naive attempt to do configure that was unsuccessful.)

Anyway I have created https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-3521 to track
this. If I'm wrong and it can be done without midPoint change, I will
document how to do that.

On 11/10/2016 08:55 PM, Rob Davis wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> Looking through the system configuration for midPoint we can see that
> there are options to add/configure file and console log appenders. We
> are interested in having our midPoint logs go to our central logging
> system (syslog). Is it possible to configure midPoint to also have a
> syslog appender? A possible workaround we’ve identified is to write a
> script that copies the logs to our syslog hosts, however an appender
> would be our preferred option.
>

> Thank you again,
>
> Rob

Ivan Noris