[midPoint] MySQL/MariaDB resource can't be reached by its DataSource name

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Fri Jun 17 13:27:59 CEST 2016

Well, I was curious.

I tried this (and it works, to not just tease you):

1. configured datasource (jdbc/testds1) in Tomcat's server.xml just like
in
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Repository+Configuration#RepositoryConfiguration-Datasourceconfiguration

2. configured datasource in tomcat's conf/context.xml just like in the
same page

3. in resource, I used this:
            <icfc:configurationProperties

xmlns:icscdbtable="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/connector/icf-1/bundle/com.evolveum.polygon.connector-databasetable/org.identityconnectors.databasetable.DatabaseTableConnector">

                <icscdbtable:table>idrepo</icscdbtable:table>
                <icscdbtable:keyColumn>userId</icscdbtable:keyColumn>

<icscdbtable:passwordColumn>password</icscdbtable:passwordColumn>

<icscdbtable:jdbcDriver>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</icscdbtable:jdbcDriver>

<icscdbtable:jdbcUrlTemplate>jdbc:mysql://%h:%p/%d?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf8&connectionCollation=utf8_bin</icscdbtable:jdbcUrlTemplate>

<icscdbtable:enableEmptyString>false</icscdbtable:enableEmptyString>

<icscdbtable:rethrowAllSQLExceptions>true</icscdbtable:rethrowAllSQLExceptions>

<icscdbtable:nativeTimestamps>false</icscdbtable:nativeTimestamps>
                <icscdbtable:allNative>false</icscdbtable:allNative>
                <icscdbtable:changeLogColumn></icscdbtable:changeLogColumn>

<icscdbtable:datasource>*java:comp/env/jdbc/testds1*</icscdbtable:datasource>
            </icfc:configurationProperties>

I.e. I used the same notation as when config.xml datasource reference is
made, prefixed with "java:comp/env/".
It worked for me. Please try.

--
  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Senior Identity Management Engineer & IDM Architect