[midPoint] How to properly edit ressource

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Mon Apr 25 11:26:27 CEST 2016

Hi Vincent,

I have confirmed the problem of editing resource (or any object) using
Repository objects editor ("Debug pages") and adding namespaces:
https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-1956
This issue is targeted to 3.4 (earliest midPoint version to be released).

Reimporting XML object from file seems to not be influenced (as we use
it very often).

I will try to have some time for the wizard test.

On 04/25/2016 11:05 AM, HURTEVENT VINCENT wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> sorry, I messed up with my ML subscriptions so I’m replying by opening a new thread.
>
> We’re using version 3.3.1.
>
> You can see our resource file here : <http://pastebin.com/cwZngWDu>
>
> We can import the resource successfully but when we edit directly from web UI, from the wizard or XML editor, the line with xmlns:ext is always deleted and references to extension/ext:attribute are lost and lead to unknown ext namespace error.
>
> Edit and update a resource by re-importing the xml file (checking overwriting existing object) is not a problem ? Don’t we lose shadow account and links with user objects ?
>

>> Hi Vincent,
>>
>> which midPoint version are you using? Chances are you are hiting some
>> bug in the resource wizard. I usually make all modifications of resource
>> in XML and re-import (to be able to keep the file versioned in git etc.)
>> but I understand this is not so nice.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ivan
>>
>> On 04/24/2016 09:07 PM, HURTEVENT VINCENT wrote:
>>  Hello,
>>

>>  we’re stil evaluating Midpoint and we made some extensions to default User object type.
>>

>>  We didn’t succeeded in referencing to extension attributes directly from the Web UI, we have to manually write the ressource XML file and import it.
>>

>>  BUT when we try to edit the ressource from the web UI, the namespace definition (xmlns:ext at the top ressource element) is deleted and extension/ext:attribute is not permitted, midpoint’s complaining about not knowing ext namespace.
>>

>>  Do we wrongly edit the ressource from the web UI ?
>>

>>  Is there a way to quickly edit the ressource (add/rm attribute mapping for example) without removing and re-import the resource file ?
>>
>>> Thank you !

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Senior Identity Management Engineer & IDM Architect
  evolveum.com                     evolveum.com/blog/