[midPoint] How to properly edit ressource

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Sun Apr 24 22:30:13 CEST 2016

Hi Vincent,

which midPoint version are you using? Chances are you are hiting some
bug in the resource wizard. I usually make all modifications of resource
in XML and re-import (to be able to keep the file versioned in git etc.)
but I understand this is not so nice.

On 04/24/2016 09:07 PM, HURTEVENT VINCENT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we’re stil evaluating Midpoint and we made some extensions to default User object type.
>
> We didn’t succeeded in referencing to extension attributes directly from the Web UI, we have to manually write the ressource XML file and import it.
>
> BUT when we try to edit the ressource from the web UI, the namespace definition (xmlns:ext at the top ressource element) is deleted and extension/ext:attribute is not permitted, midpoint’s complaining about not knowing ext namespace.
>
> Do we wrongly edit the ressource from the web UI ?
>
> Is there a way to quickly edit the ressource (add/rm attribute mapping for example) without removing and re-import the resource file ?
>
> Thank you !

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Senior Identity Management Engineer & IDM Architect
  evolveum.com                     evolveum.com/blog/