[midPoint] Storing passwords in Midpoint

Devin Rosenbauer devin at identityworksllc.com
Fri Apr 1 18:51:55 CEST 2016

Typically an identity manager needs access to the user's password in
cleartext so that it can be set on other systems, e.g. setting the user's
initial password on a new account, etc.

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 12:45 PM, Florin. Stingaciu <fstingaciu at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> From my understanding passwords in Midpoint are encrypted using an 256-bit
> AES key and then stored in the Midpoint DB. I was wondering if there is any
> sort of hash applied to password before it's encrypted. If not, is there a
> purpose for having access to the clear text password?
>
> Thanks,
> -F

Devin Rosenbauer
Principal Consultant