[midPoint] Adding additional Fields to User Details

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Mon Oct 13 23:02:25 CEST 2014

Hello Jason,
> I am trying to add additional fields to the User Details display,
> referring to this document,
>
> https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Custom+Schema+Extension
>
> I followed the document, added the 2 fields, added the file to the
> schema folder in midpoint home but they still do not show.

There is probably something wrong here. The 2 new fields should
definitely show themselves under the "Extension" label, when adding a
new user.
(They may not be shown when editing existing user, because they may be
(and probably are) empty. And the default behavior is that fields with
empty values are not shown unless you click on "Show empty fields" menu
item.)

So, please try to create new user and see if the new attributes are
shown just below standard attributes, and above the "Activation" field
groups.

E.g. in my cases they are there:

> With the one below I was also able to extend the ad-connector schema
> with additional fields which import sync correctly and these are the
> fields I am trying to show on the user details page, they only show
> currently when viewing the user in shadow details.
>
> https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Extending+AD+and+Exchange+Connector+Schema+HOWTO
>
> Are there any other steps necessary?

Generally, yes. You have to create appropriate inbound mappings to move
values from the AD account attributes to your newly created custom
midPoint user properties.
Just like you have to create mappings for standard user properties.

More is described here:
  - https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Synchronization
  - https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Inbound+Mapping
  - https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Mapping