[midPoint] Does Midpoint support ApacheDS?

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Wed Oct 2 09:41:45 CEST 2013

Hi Deepak,

I have not (yet) tried to use Apache DS, but I'd first try to remove the
"ds-pwp-account-disabled" attribute from the LDIF file and try again.
That attribute is used in OpenDJ only to disable/enable users. I'm
trying to find an equivalent for Apache DS, if it even exists.

So I'd replace e.g. targetattr="*||ds-pwp-account-disabled" with
targetattr="*", it may help.

Please let us know if it helped at all.

I will try to find any info regarding cn=changelog suffix.

On 10/02/2013 09:16 AM, Deepak Natarajan wrote:

> Hello -
>
> Could anyone help me configure Midpoint with ApacheDS? I'm running into a couple of issues :
>
> 1. I'm unable to import the example*.ldif's (used with OpenDJ in the samples) into ApacheDS. The error is :
> #!RESULT ERROR
> #!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10389
> #!DATE 2013-10-01T18:07:39.930
> #!ERROR [LDAP: error code 16 - NO_SUCH_ATTRIBUTE: failed for MessageType : ADD_REQUEST Message ID : 13     Add Request : Entry     dn[n]: ou=People, dc=example,dc=com     objectclass: top     objectclass: organizationalunit     ou: People     aci: (targetattr="*||ds-pwp-account-disabled")(version 3.0; acl "IDM Access"; allow (all) userdn="ldap:///uid=idm,ou=Administrators,dc=example,dc=com";) : ERR_04269 ATTRIBUTE_TYPE for OID aci does not exist!]
> dn: ou=People, dc=example,dc=com
> changetype: add
> aci: (targetattr="*||ds-pwp-account-disabled")(version 3.0; acl "IDM Access";
>  allow (all) userdn="ldap:///uid=idm,ou=Administrators,dc=example,dc=com";)
> ou: People
> objectclass: top
> objectclass: organizationalunit
>
> I have enabled ACI and the attribute does seem to exist - I'm still trying to work this through - has anyone tried this before?
>
> 2. I can't see an external change log subtree (cn=changelog) and cannot find anything on the ApacheDS documents...can anyone please help?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> BR/Deepak

  Ing. Ivan Noris
  Consultant