[midPoint] Custom schema extension help

Tys Remi remi.tys at is4u.be
Mon May 27 14:52:12 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am trying out midPoint and want to add my custom attributes to the schema (following instructions on https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Custom+Schema+Extension) but when I restart Tomcat to redeploy I keep getting errors and midpoint.war doesn't deploy.
I followed the instructions and put the exact xsd code (after trying my own attributes) on the page in the midpoint.home/schema directory as extension.xsd (and performed chown tomcat:tomcat on the file) but it fails no matter what. (error gets resolved if I remove the file though so something is off with it)
This is the relevant catalina.out error log:

INFO: Deploying web application archive /opt/apache-tomcat-7.0.40/webapps/midpoint.war
midpoint.home = /home/stagiair/Desktop/midpoint/
May 27, 2013 1:53:16 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
May 27, 2013 1:53:17 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
SEVERE: Context [/midpoint] startup failed due to previous errors
May 27, 2013 1:53:18 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesJdbc
SEVERE: The web application [/midpoint] registered the JDBC driver [org.h2.Driver] but failed to unregister it when the web application was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the JDBC Driver has been forcibly unregistered.
May 27, 2013 1:53:18 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
SEVERE: The web application [/midpoint] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ClassFactory$1] (value [com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ClassFactory$1 at 293e86f]) and a value of type [java.util.WeakHashMap] (value [{class javax.xml.bind.annotation.adapters.CollapsedStringAdapter=java.lang.ref.WeakReference at ea69ae7, class javax.xml.bind.annotation.W3CDomHandler=java.lang.ref.WeakReference at 5c03bb34, class org.apache.camel.spring.CamelContextFactoryBean=java.lang.ref.WeakReference at 78f7821d}]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.
May 27, 2013 1:53:18 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader checkThreadLocalMapForLeaks
SEVERE: The web application [/midpoint] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.Coordinator$1] (value [com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.Coordinator$1 at 417f7bf6]) and a value of type [java.lang.Object[]] (value [[Ljava.lang.Object;@18a37512]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. Threads are going to be renewed over time to try and avoid a probable memory leak.

I am pretty stuck since I need the extra attributes to start mapping my resources.

Kind regards,

Remi