[midPoint] midPoint Support

Viliam Repan vilo.repan at evolveum.com
Tue Mar 26 21:15:19 CET 2013

Hi Adam,

at first I'd like to point you to new midpoint version 2.1.1p1 (bugfix
release) http://evolveum.com/downloads/midpoint/2.1.1p1/ released a
couple days ago.
Your context.xml file with datasource looks OK, but config.xml with
repository configuration doesn't use datasource provided by tomcat.
If you upgrade to 2.1.1p1 you can replace <repository> part in
config.xml with xml fragment provided below and midpoint will then use
jdbc/syncopeDataSource.

<repository>
<repositoryServiceFactoryClass>com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.SqlRepositoryFactory</repositoryServiceFactoryClass>
    <hibernateHbm2ddl>validate</hibernateHbm2ddl>
    <embedded>false</embedded>
<dataSource>java:comp/env/jdbc/syncopeDataSource</dataSource> <!-- I put
there jdbc/syncopeDataSource which I found in your context.xml -->
<hibernateDialect>com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.sql.util.MidPointMySQLDialect</hibernateDialect>
</repository>

Other hints:
     1/ Please create or recreate DB before you start tomcat. Midpoint
could already change DB schema during your previous attempts to load
application.
         (that was caused by hibernateHbm2ddl update). Or at least check
all DATETIME columns they must have new DATETIME(6) type, because of
timestamp precision.

     2/ MySQL database should already contain tables before you run
tomcat. Otherwise midpoint will throw an exception during tomcat startup.
         SQL script location:
https://svn.evolveum.com/midpoint/tags/midpoint-2.1.1/config/mysql-schema.sql

Best regards,

vilo