[midPoint] roles

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Mon Jun 3 12:04:32 CEST 2013

Hello Aram,

The short answer is "not yet". This requirement needs quite fine-grained
authorizations to work. The authorizations are introduced in 2.2. But
although we have quite a sophisticated model for authorizations the
implementation in 2.2 is still very rough-grained. The full
implementation of fine-grained authorizations is planned for 2.3.

If you need this functionality now then your best option is perhaps to
modify the GUI and somehow hack this feature in as your custom
modification. If you use version 2.2 as a base code you can use our
authorization/RBAC system to convey your special authorization to the
GUI layer and therefore the "hack" will only need to check for that
special authorization. That should be quite easy to do. And it should be
also feasible to maintain as we plan to switch to git source code
management right after the 2.2 release. You can replace the hack with a
clean solution when 2.3 release will be available (planned for Q3-Q4
this year).