[Midpoint-dev] Reg DatabaseTable connector

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Thu Jun 8 16:24:06 CEST 2017

Hi,

it does not. Addressbook resource is target only, data (accounts) are
only created there by midPoint. When editing users in midPoint, the
Addressbook accounts are fetched on demand as referenced by unique
attribute value. But the data is only created by midPoint.

If you go to Resource/Accounts tab, you see the current accounts in the
Addressbook and their corresponding owners in midPoint. If the resource
has no synchronization settings, you cannot import the data from it to
midPoint.

The HR Feed and LDAP server contain also synchronization settings, so
they can be used for importing data to midPoint. But not Addressbook.
Please see our samples for DBTable with synchronization e.g.
https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint/blob/master/samples/resources/databasetable/localhost-dbtable-advanced-sync.xml

On 06/08/2017 04:00 PM, Sowmya Venkateswaran wrote:
> Hello
>
> The demo site of Midpoint has a sample DatabaseTable Connector called
> Addressbook that does not have any synchronization tasks. So how does
> it load the accounts to Midpoint?
> I tried this with a table that we have and configuration very similar
> to Addressbook. When I click on the Accounts tab(within Resource
> config), I can see the data on the Resource, but not in Midpoint
> repository. Am I missing something in the configuration?
>
> -- Thanks
> Sowmya Shankar
> Applications Programmer

Ivan Noris